Lady Starlet

~~~~
My life is full,
And my eyes empty.
The world wants to be me,
And I just want to flee.

Step in my shoes,
And then feel the bruise.
My life's not a dream,
As lovely it may seem.

Lusted by many,
And loved by a few.
I seek a life, 
And he a rendezvous.

Not a Barbie doll,
Or a gangster's moll.
A lady, simple at heart.
God's own work of art.

Stronger than my looks,
Is my beautiful spirit.
A dream of a girl,
A Lady Starlet.
~~~~

Lady Starlet

Lady Starlet Lady Starlet Reviewed by Vyankatesh on Saturday, June 20, 2015 Rating: 5

7 comments:

  1. I well imagine that women who are pursued for their beauty want to be valued for their inner qualities. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad that women are pursued for their outer beauty more while their inner beauty outshines the outer....and when the outer beauty fades some, the inner never does....lovely poem.

    Donna@LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty in women (and maybe in men too) makes it so hard to see the inner qualities...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem shows the great inner beauty of the voice. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly the thoughts of many a beautiful woman! We so often do not see past the exterior of the souls we meet along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sad for beautiful women who are thrust into a shallow existence as if a requirement of same.
    The gift is not the wrapping paper, but the present within.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Works for me. Nice work!
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete